How to remove a vending machine #
If you no longer require a vending machine in the system, you can remove it by selecting ‘Machine options’ in the top right of a machine’s detailed view, and then selecting ‘Delete machine’.
When to remove a vending machine #
We recommend removing a vending machine from Sentry if you:
- Physically dispose of a vending machine;
- Sell a vending machine; or
- Otherwise no longer require the vending machine in the Sentry system.
Effects of removing a vending machine #
When you remove a vending machine from Sentry:
- Modem is unassigned: Any modem attached to it will be unassigned and re-appear in the communication device list. If you also want to remove the modem, you should go to the communication device and delete it as well.
- Sales are preserved: Sales for the vending machine will still appear in reports. For example, if you run a report based on location or client, sales for the machine will still appear.
- Machine is removed from selectors: The machine will not appear in dropdowns, so you will not be able to filter reports by the machine.